Black Smokey Eye essentials

Hi girls. How many times have you seen the Smokey eye makeup of Rani, Aishwarya or Deepika and thought “woah I have to try this” and then when you actually tried it your family members said that “errrrrr you look like a ghost !!” (sigh..well that happened to me a lot). My first advice (lesson learned from experience) is don’t let anybody see your smokey eye unless you are done completely with whole make up on (especially the male members who discourage a lot in between with their funny comments which actually makes us believe that we are looking like a cartoon and we give up..haha).

Indian black smokey eye party makeup


Well in this post I will try to mention all the things which I have learned to make a smokey eye look great on indian skintone. Followings things are required for the smokey eye look:

       1.  An eyeshadow primer (or you can use Concealer if you don’t have one)
       2.   Any black kohl pencil
               I use Lakme absolute ultimate kohl
       3.  Matte Black eyeshadow
       4.  Matte brown eyeshadow
               I use Bourjois brown eyeshadow
       5.  An eyeshadow matching your skin color (for blending)
       6.   4 types of eyebrushes
  Pencil brush, eyeshadow patting brush, blending brush, smudging brush
  Now I would say that from my experience the most important from all these brushes is blending brush because smokey    eye is all about blending. You have to blend blend and blend. So I would suggest that you can use any brand brush for the  rest three brushes but for blending please get MAC 217. I have been researching for years on makeup and Mac 217 is the  staple blending brush for all the makeup enthusiasts all over the world. I have myself observed the effect that MAC 217  brings in the look.


Mac 217 blending brush for indian black smokey eye makeup



      7.       Mascara
There are variety of mascaras available in the market. I prefer Million volume lashes mascara by Loreal. Maybelline falsies is my another favourite.

To start with, apply eye shadow primer to the upper eyelids. Now apply black kohl at the lower half of upper lid. This doesn’t have to be neat as we have to smudge it next with a pencil brush. Smudge patiently. Take your time. Then apply matte brown eyeshadow all over the lid. Now blend everything with blending brush. Take your time in this step. Keep blending everything till there are no harsh eyeshadow lines on the lid. Apply some brown shadow to the lower waterline with a pencil brush. Now to the upper lid over the crease line apply the natural color eyeshadow and blend again with blending brush. This will blend everything. Now take black eyeshadow on a pencil brush and apply to the outer corner of eye making a V. Then blend the outer corners with blending brush. Apply the same pencil brush to the lower water line and smudge. Blend everything again.

 If you want an open eye effect, add a light silver or white shadow to the inner corners of the eyes.Now apply eyeliner (I prefer gel) and kajal on lower lids (not thick kajal only thin line filling the lower water line). Apply Mascara and Voila your smokey eye is ready.

I am sharing some recent pictures of me with party makeup and black smokey eyes. Please pardon for the dark photos as I am not as good as Mr. hubby in photography and he was not available at that moment..haha.

Indian black smokey eye party makeup


Indian black smokey eye party makeup

Indian black smokey eye party makeup




Products used are

Eyes
Coastal scents revealed 2 palette
Bourjois Brown matte eyeshadow

Face
Revlon colorstay foundation (shade Natural tan)
Revlon Photoready compact powder
Mac Studio Fix concealer NC45
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer (Shade honey)
Mac blush Ginger as bronzer
Mac blush Fleur power
Mac Mineralize Skinfinish highlighter in Soft and Gentle
Sleek eye brow palette

Lips
Mac chicory lip liner
Mac lipstick Twig

So girls this was my little chit chat with you about smokey eye. Hope you found it useful. Do share your views and your disaster smokey eye comments stories like me..hehe...it will be fun..Bbye..feel beautiful..be stylish :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,