How to style your summer dresses in Fall and winter

Hi girls. Fall has arrived and the chilly weather has already started in Delhi. I like the cozy feeling, hot ginger tea, Dark nail paints and enjoyment of wearing boots that this weather brings with it. You all know how I love to reuse my dresses, So today’s post is about how you can reuse your short summer dresses in fall by pairing them with different things and giving them a whole new look.

style your summer dresses in Fall and winter in India
style your summer dresses in Fall and winter

I don’t like the idea of repeating dresses but neither do I want to buy new stuff every time so I just love to find unique ways to create new looks with the same outfit . I have already shared a post on “how to reuse your Anarkali suit and convert it into lehanga”. Well in this post I will talk about how to use summer dresses for fall and winter. The staple fall and winter essentials  are a pair of warm leggings (I prefer black as it is versatile and goes with everything), Warm thin full sleeve inner (I have a  black one from marks and spencer) and a pair of boots (again I prefer black for its versatility). So lets discuss now how to style you summer dresses with these.

  Short Skirts- Pair your summer short skirts with warm leggings, jackets, blazer or coats. I have created here two looks with my short denim skirt.

First look involves pairing the skirt with a plain solid top, warm black leggings and a warm casual cheque shirt . To give the look a casual and spunky feel, I have added high neck canvas shoes.

Style short denim skirt in fall and Winter with Cheque shirt and Leggings
Style short denim skirt in fall and Winter with Cheque shirt and Leggings



Style short denim skirt in fall and Winter with Cheque shirt and Leggings
Style short denim skirt in fall and Winter with Cheque shirt and Leggings


Style short denim skirt in fall and Winter with Cheque shirt and Leggings
Style short denim skirt in fall and Winter with Cheque shirt and Leggings




In the second look I replaced the shirt with a black blazer and voila you are ready with a semi-formal look. Pair with canvas shoes for casual outings or you can use boots in place of canvas shoes for more formal occasions like a date night.

Style short denim skirt in fall and Winter with Blazer, Scarf  and Leggings
Style short denim skirt in fall and Winter with Blazer, Scarf  and Leggings

 Short dresses -Style your short dresses with a pair of warm leggings, jeggings or skin fit jeans. If the dress is in solid color pair it with printed leggings like I have paired here and voila your summer dress looks like a long top now. Adding a statement piece will add an extra edge to the whole look. One important point here is that fitted bottom is important to be paired with summer dresses. Loose jeans paired with short dresses will not look good at all. So always pair a fitted legging, jeggings or jeans with short dresses.

Style short dress in  fall and Winter with Leggings
Style short dress in  fall and Winter with Leggings


Short dress styled with printed Leggings and statement neckpiece
short dress styled with printed Leggings and statement neckpiece
high donut bun styled with bow
High bun styled with Bow


Outfit details:
Skirt: Lifestylestores
Shirt: Streetsopping
Blazer: Stanmax
Scarf: Streetshopping
Tank top: Zara
Leggings: AND india
Casual shoes: North Star BATA
Sandals: Lee Cooper

In the current weather we can neither wear sweater  nor wear sleeveless tops. So in this weather what I like to do is I pair my sleeveless tops with a plain black very thin thermal inner. I bought a black thermal inner from Marks and Spencer and it is so versatile. It goes with everything and gives me style and warmth at the same time. In this way I use all my sleeveless tops in fall. You can pair these with coats, sweaters and jackets.

So girls these were some of my tips to reuse your summer dresses in fall and winter. I hope these tips are helpful to you. I would also love to know some tips from your side and how you style for fall. Bbye for now. Feel  beautiful be stylish.


Labels: , , , , , ,