Ethnic Saree look: Diwali lookbook

Hi girls. How was your Diwali. Mine was super fun at work and home. I went for total ethnic on Diwali. I wore sarees this festive season. So thought of sharing a quick post on my outfit pics.

At work I chose this beautiful bandhej saree with gorgeous kathiyawadi border. I bought this saree from jaipur. I like simple sarees with beautiful borders. You must have spotted pics of me in beautiful thick border simple sarees on instagram (same name Perkymegs). Most of my sarees are of Georgette material.

Ethnic indian look Blue Bandhani Kathiyawadi border saree
Blue Bandhani Kathiyawadi border saree


Diwali look Blue Bandhani Kathiyawadi border saree
Blue Bandhani Kathiyawadi border saree


Bandhej is a traditional tie and die work of Rajasthan.  There are beautiful color combinations that one can choose from. I particularly like black and red & orange and pink combination. Bandhej looks so beautiful. One can wear saree or suits of Bandhani fabric.
Ethnic indian diwali look
Blue Bandhani Kathiyawadi border saree


Kathiyawadi work is another traditional handwork. It is basically a beautiful mirror work from Gujarat with intricate thread details. The threads as I have observed are generally a combination of beige and red in colour. I just love Gujarati handworks. You must have spotted the beautiful Gujarat fabric work on Deepika's outfits in the movie "Ram Leela". As crazy as it may sound but I really want to learn the beautiful traditional Indian handworks like Kutchch work, phulkari, Gota patti, Kundan work etc. and aspire to create my own outfits with these works one day (I just hope to fulfil this dream someday).

Sorry guys if I got little carried away (haha just wanted to share my obsession with Indian handworks). So coming on the look again I paired this saree with multicolored kadas, Silver bindi (that's my favourite), high bun, big bali earrings, daytime nude makeup, diamond rings and beige slip on footwear. 

Ethnic Indian Diwali saree look
Big balis, Silver bindi, Daytime smokey eyes, black kohl, high bun


Multicolored kadas or bangles
Multicolored Kadas, Rings, Slip on footwear

Ethnic Indian Diwali look
Blue Bandhej kathiyawadi border saree look

For puja at home I wore a maroon georgette saree with silver gota patti work. Gota patti is also a beautiful handwork from Rajasthan. Sorry for the poor quality pics of this saree look as my DSLR went out of battery so I clicked some pics with my mobile. (Sigh. I really wanted to share my makeup and look with you guys but bad luck)

Ethnic Indian saree Diwali look
Maroon Gotapatti saree look at Puja

Look details:
Sarees- Jaipur
Big bali earrings- Karigari
Footwear- Haute curry
Kadas- Jaipur

So guys these were my saree looks this festive season. I hope you like them. Please share your Diwali outfits too. I would love to know what you guys wore on Diwali. Bbye for now. Feel beautiful be stylish.


Labels: , , , , , , ,